Sunday 5 April 2015

{{ April 6th Manila and the Orchidarium Luneta Park plus Intramuros the Old Town

On my very last day of a trip lasting 91 days I planned a fairly ambitious day but had no idea what lay ahead. Manila holds many wonders. A whole area of old Manila called Intramuros is filled with adventure and classic old architecture and history. But first, the Orchidarium. I bet you thought there would be no more flower pictures...wrong!
The Philippines most famous hero Jose Rizal and martyr depicted in some spectacular sculptures 



Some of the other flowers...

Inside Intramuros...












A break for lunch of Tamarind Soup and Cebu Chicken Inasal and desert of Halo Halo which is a curious and unique concoction which tastes marvellous. Comprised of shaved ice, evaporated milk, various sweet boiled beans and various fruit, it tasted so good I forgot to take a picture of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...