Scenes from Wat Chedi Luang
My personal travel blog. It’s been designed to hopefully entertain and interest my family and friends, but welcome all to look. I post images on Dreamstime, Shutterstock and others for sale. Contact me at sed195027@yahoo.ca for information and links. Thanks for looking! ..... Jerry
Friday, 17 January 2014
Chiang Mai
I asked my friend Noom this morning over breakfast where we should go today. Of course we ended up going to yet another temple. I have seen this one before as well but I think this one is among the best in the city. Wat Chedi Luang commenced it's long life in the 14th century and completed in the mid 15th century. It once housed the famed Emerald Buddha. It was moved in 1551 to Luang Prabang in Laos. Also of note in the grounds are 3 Dipterocarp trees. A tropical hardwood planted in 1800 AD. It can grow to over 200 feet. There is a 6-8 day festival in May each year just for the trees.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
🇨🇦🍁🍁🇨🇦 September 28, 2026 - Late summer early fall - Saskatchewan Canada
An interesting summer into fall. A summer of extremes in temperatures, wind, rain a a few photos along the way … hope you enjoy! A few spect...
-
Epicurean delights. Suitably named, this wagon contains insect snacks and other assorted delights. Very popular with those from northern Tha...
-
Just in case anyone would wonder why I’m here ... The hardest working person at the beach. This lady daily goes up and down the beach on cru...












No comments:
Post a Comment