My personal travel blog. It’s been designed to hopefully entertain and interest my family and friends, but welcome all to look. I post images on Dreamstime, Shutterstock and others for sale. Contact me at sed195027@yahoo.ca for information and links. Thanks for looking! ..... Jerry
Sunday, 19 January 2014
City Centre and Walking Street at night
As mentioned before, in the daytime I wandered around the centre of town. The original city was built in 1296 AD and surrounded by a wall and moat. It was the original capital city of the Kingdom of Lanna. I have included a few pics of the existing wall and moat. In the evening we went to walking street. A euphemism for a huge market held every Sunday. Literally thousands of people crowded into about 6 square blocks of stalls selling everything imaginable. I include a few pics of this area and one of my favourite Thai deserts, mango and sticky rice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
🇨🇦🍁🍁🇨🇦 September 28, 2026 - Late summer early fall - Saskatchewan Canada
An interesting summer into fall. A summer of extremes in temperatures, wind, rain a a few photos along the way … hope you enjoy! A few spect...
-
Epicurean delights. Suitably named, this wagon contains insect snacks and other assorted delights. Very popular with those from northern Tha...
-
Just in case anyone would wonder why I’m here ... The hardest working person at the beach. This lady daily goes up and down the beach on cru...











No comments:
Post a Comment