Sunday 8 January 2017

::: January 7, 2017 Pattaya Thailand - Sanctuary of Truth and more...

After a lengthy flight, it's off and running for this year's adventure. This trip, I am reversing my usual and staying in Pattaya and area for a few weeks and then going on to Chiangmai, Chiangrai and Myanmar (Burma) for a first chapter of travel. 
 
The Sanctuary of Truth I have visited before. Well worth a second look, this uniquely Thai experience begun in 1986 will continue until 2050. A massive Khymer style temple it comprises wooden structures and carvings of Buddhism and Hinduism. 
 
 
It's stated purpose ... to use art and culture as "a reflection of the Ancient Vision of Earth, Ancient Knowledge, and Eastern Philosophy".
 
Also there, Thai cultural dancers.
 
And of course it would not be Thailand without Chang (elephant)...
 
 
 
 
Finally ... a flower ... and you thought I could resist!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...