Thursday 16 March 2017

::: March 13, 2017 VIETNAM, Hanoi - Ha Long Bay

Hạ Long Bay, in northeast Vietnam, is known for its emerald waters and thousands of towering limestone islands topped by rainforests. I must admit I was looking forward to this trip. You can imagine my disappointment when the day opened with rain, drizzle and fog. Not knowing for sure what the weather would be like for the few days I am determined to make the best of it. The long bus ride only added to the down mood of all of us. When we arrived to the chaos that is the terminal, I actually thought of foregoing it all. I was pleasantly surprised! It is an amazing natural wonder! A UNESCO World Heritage site well earned. True, the day wasn't the best for photography but it created a special moodiness to the day. The biggest challenge was trying to get a shot WITHOUT a ship in sight! I came close. I counted at least 60 ships all going out to the same area. Anyway, on to the photos...
 
 
 
Some of the 60 plus ships all going to the same place and making any photo without a ship nearly impossible 
 
 
 
Four Asian guys on the tour

No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...