Saturday 23 February 2019

🧳🇹🇭🧳 CHIANG MAI, THAILAND - February 23, 2019 - An evening out

Chiang Mai seems a world away. Nine trips to Thailand and nine trips to Chiang Mai. Certainly way different than Pattaya and Bangkok. More relaxing, more tourists and a generally cooler climate. Today sunny and hot. With no wind, the haze of pollution is apparent, but not noticeable to me. As I came late in the afternoon, I shall start there.







At a local eastery, a Thai favourite. I tried something NEW! As I had vowed to eat more of the abundant Thai shrimp, I tried a shrimp dish.



Not looking like too much ... Koong Chup Kanom Pang Thod was good! “Koong” for shrimp - “Chup” for flour/seasoning” - “Kanom” for snack - “Pang” powder - “Thod” for fry, and literally little shrimp coated in seasoned batter and deep fried. Served with a cucumber and peanut sauce. 

For desert, traditional Mango Sticky Rice. And for this, a new Night Market for me, but one around for 5 years.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...