Friday 5 April 2019

🧳🇹🇭🧳 BANGKOK, THAILAND - April 5, 2019 - A walking experiment AND The Golden Buddha

Well today it was an experiment. I decided to walk to a temple not too far away and take pictures along the way. Setting off at 10am and returning at 2pm. I did not walk back. Total of over 12000 steps and over 7.5 km. Too much in +36C temperature and over 80% humidity. Won’t do that again for awhile. The result ...



The Jewelry District 



Gems Tower in the background 



Cat lover wall mural



A newspaper has many uses



Urban empty space beautification 



Living above



Wat Traimit Wittayaram and The Golden Buddha. I’ve been here before but frankly, the history of the Golden Buddha is so interesting I thought another look was in order. I invite you to look at Wikipedia’s article on this.
Wikipedia Golden Buddha







The Golden Buddha. Actually in 9 pieces with a key, the body is 40% pure gold, from the forehead to chin 80% pure gold and the topknot being 99% pure gold. All the more amazing as it was covered in painted stucco for hundreds of years before being discovered to be made of gold in 1955. 







Ceiling




No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...