Wednesday 19 April 2023

^^^|^^^ Montevideo, Uruguay - April 19, 2023

Another day of wandering. Today, with a threat of rain, I decided to revisit, shop for souvenirs and explore new.





Small park … strange trees.




A Wednesday Wedding



And more wall art murals







Palacio Salvo. I’ve already included the top part of this building several times. What can you say. Some architectural scholars hate it some love it. I’m in the later camp. The more I read about it, the more fascinating it is. A landmark for me already. Standing 312 feet (before with antenna 330) it was briefly the tallest building in South America.  It has been described as a lighthouse atop a palace. It did  have a beacon light at one time. Originally planned in 1928 when it was built as a hotel. That didn’t work out. It exists today as offices and private apartments. Stories abound of other things. Here is the whole building.











Any old boots will do










A mixed mall of restaurants and shops … more on this later.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

*** πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...