Tuesday 25 April 2023

^^^|^^^ Montevideo, Uruguay - April 24, 2023

Back in the Capitol for another day of exploration. Accomplished one thing that has been on my list since I arrived. Continue on to find out what. 









My cousin Patty’s namesake beer







Yes they do. Mounted police or in this case unmounted at least temporarily 



Finally was at the right place and time to get the English tour of Palacio Salvo. I’ve been fascinated by this building from the first time I saw it. The tour at 400 pesos (CAD $14) was worth it for me. You can travel upwards to the 25th floor observatory. A view from the highest building in the city.







The ornate floor dating from 1928



The interior walls



The interior freight elevator dating from 1928 and since redone 



Magnificent stained glass window



Ornate marble staircase




The building houses the Tango Museum. From diverse backgrounds, the Tango gelled in Argentina and Uruguay in the mid 19th century

























No comments:

Post a Comment

*** πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...