Sunday 11 January 2015

{{ January 11th Bangkok, Thailand

Here I am in the LOS (Land of smiles) for the 5th consecutive January. An uneventful 6 hour flight  from Seoul, a 20 minutes stop through airport baggage, immigration and customs and a 20 minute cab ride to my favourite Bangkok hotel the Mandarin Oriental. It's the one with my favourite toilet! I wrote about it in a previous blog. It's the space age model with all the extras including posterior wash, deodorant, heated seat, small flush, big flush and the one that amazes me ... enema! and no I have not dared to try it .....
I am only here one day so I have included a few final pics from Korea and a few more of the area just around the Mandarin Hotel...

A parking elevator. Not sure how this works but seems to accommodate 5 vehicles.

Area south of the hotel filled with pedestrian only streets



Tidal area at rest stop near Incheon airport and worlds largest bear statue...


Bangkok and a lottery ticket seller interacting with a Thai family...


Myanmar construction workers taking a lunch break near hotel...

Finally a floral arrangement atop a counter at the hotel ... Next stop Chiang Mai...

No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...