Friday 16 January 2015

{{ January 17th Phuket

Best laid plans ... My friend Noom thought we could do better with the accommodation I booked. I cancelled the reservation and went on Agodas website. Little did I know the very big and luxurious hotel I booked through a glitch on the iPad to website transfer had the wrong dates. When I checked in I found out to my amazement I had the wrong dates. The price was double and the booking was non-refundable! A frantic hour of phone calls to Agoda and the problem was fixed. The higher rate stuck so stayed one night only then moved to a less luxurious place close by. Lesson learned.

The very big Royal Paradise hotel with views from the 21st floor...




The weather is hot and this beach-oriented place offers the same, albeit more pricey beach fare of restaurants, massage places and assorted bars and sellers of all and sunder.



And some food ...


And tomorrow ... Another tour....

No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...