Friday 27 March 2015

{{ March 28th Cebu City - Philippines

The On the 27th evening I went to the Casa Verde restaurant at the Terraces in the Ayala Mall. The Terraces  have dozens of restaurants on 3 levels. I had the rib special that I could only eat 3/4 of. Cost 180 pesos (C$5.14). Milkshakes made with real ice cream that were delicious! Cost 90 pesos (C$2.57). All in all great food and great value.
Wikipedia image of Ayala mall Terraces
Massive pile of ribs...

Today it was off to a new and very impressive attraction here. It is called Temple of Leah. A massive structure still being worked on, it is done in Roman style. Love made Temple of Leah possible as Teodorico Adarna, father of actress Ellen Adarna and owner of Queensland motels, offers the construction of the huge edifice to his wife Leah Villa Albino-Adarna.

“This Temple was constructed in the year 2012 A.D as a symbol of my undying love for her and my ceaseless devotion to Leah Villa Albino-Adarna,” he noted on their FB page.










The view...
My friend Jay ...posing and his "admirer"
And of course some wild flowers...



Entrance and just one of the marble and masonry workers...
Our motorbike taxi drivers...
A side trip to an area growing white chrysanthemums which I find out can be used for many things including a natural insecticide...
And finally some of the colourful Jeepneys...

Surprisingly they are designed to hold only 24 passengers but sometimes more ... A very good economical use of gasoline....

No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...