Tuesday 3 March 2015

{{ March 3rd Pattaya

Construction of cement roadway ... Thai style...
Flowers again ....


Today is Buddha Day (Makha Bucha). Many places closed for the day so decided to go to Buddha Hill which has an enormous golden statue looking down over Pattaya and Chonburi. My friend Noom is down from Bangkok to accompany me back to Bangkok before I fly to Jakarta Indonesia. Noom, being religious relished the opportunity to visit yet another temple.







Only in Thailand. The following pic is of a skyscraper condo development now suspended in construction. The reason for suspension? It was going to exceed the height of the golden statue Buddha on Buddha Hill. I was told people who had paid upwards of 2,000,000 baht (C$78,500) were told a clause in their condo agreement stipulated their deposit was lost if a government decreed construction must be halted. In limbo for who knows how long or lost?

No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...