Saturday 7 March 2015

{{ March 8th Jakarta Indonesia

Well after a somewhat long day travelling...flight delay...currency fiasco I finally arrived at my hotel in Jakarta. Today sightseeing. Tomorrow I fly to Jogyakarta. Jakarta is on the northwest coast of the island of Java. With around 10 million people...perhaps the largest city I have ever been too. My hotel is about 30 minutes from the airport and cost me 250,000 rupiah ($C24) but in reality $34 because of the very bad rate I received at the airport currency counter in Bangkok. The hotel...

And some of the scenes in Jakarta



Felines and Flowers...

The people I encountered were for the most part camera shy but there were a few...

And this fellow tapping into a power source not quite legal


And then a great meal on the waterfront...







No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...