Wednesday 5 February 2014

And...did I mention the food?

Thailand undoubtedly has one of the best cuisines in South East Asia. There are so many places to eat from the carts everywhere on the street to quiet restaurants. Almost all serve good food. Everything fresh. Chicken and eggs are all free range. Pork is passable to good. Beef is ok. Seafood is everywhere. Shrimp is the best value and taste in my view. Falang or foreigner food is everywhere as well. You can eat Thai food from a cart for as little as .75 cents or ear a gourmet seafood platter for $25 at a seaside restaurant. Tonight I went with a friend to an Italian restaurant and had the meal shown below. Beautiful beef tenderloin with spinach and Gorgonzola cheese. Cost $18 and one of the best meals I have ever had.


The fruit is great here. Many standard fruits are grown here as well as the exotic. Durian as shown below is the most bizarre. It has a most unfriendly exterior, smells terrible and has a strong sweet taste unlike any other fruit.


Watermelon is especially good. Shown below is the watermelon truck which sells a whole small melon for 30 cents. Note the practical use of watermelons for markers.




This was my breakfast one morning... A bunch of the small bananas is 65 cents.




And as I have mentioned before, mango sticky rice is my favourite desert. The following picture shows how sticky rice has evolved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...