Wednesday 26 February 2014

Ho Chi Minh Vietnam

I arrived in Ho Chi Minh City or Saigon as most of us remember around 6pm. I negotiated a taxi at the airport for US$15 after a fairly fast visa-on-arrival process. I had arranged and paid for the required letter online at US$10. At the airport you pay US$45 fee for the actual visa affixed to your passport. 

Motorbikes! I was shocked. This city has over 11 million people. I swear they all ride motorbikes! I have never seen so many! I arrived safely at my hotel but almost got run over crossing the street too slowly with my bags.

I managed a chicken with cashew nuts dish with rice and had two Saigon beer...all quite tasty. I paid 950,000 dong or US $4.75. I think with beer at $1 a bottle and food at a reasonable price I will do well.

Tomorrow, I promise more pictures. I have a guide booked and plan to see the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...