Friday 28 February 2014

Jade Emperor Pagoda or Chua Ngoc Hoang

The most impressive pagoda in Saigon is the Jade Emperor. A Chinese Taoist structure built in 1909 this is a beautiful place of worship and all open to the public except one area where they were prepared to eat a meal. Not sure if I would want tourists watching me eat and taking pictures.




Turtles are a sacred animal in the Taoist religion. An inscription is written on it's back to bring luck.












Outside the pagoda is a lion statue which my guide told me is called a unicorn? Not sure why....

No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...