Monday 11 January 2016

[[ January 11 Thailand - Chiang Mai

My friend Noom loves to visit temples. Each of them has a draw for him, but less so for me. I was a bit reluctant to visit yet another one when he suggested it but told me this one was "special". Wat Phra That Doi Kham is special in that it can give you luck. Many Thais pilgrimage here to buy flowers ... at least 50 with presumably thousands if you want even more luck. Lottery ticket sellers line the route. 
Small flowers on strands for sale ...
Offering bowls ...

Piles and piles of flower offerings...









Monk


A few requisite flower shots


And finally a few shots around Chiang Mai

One half of a dynamic duo of octengenarians selling fried chicken...

Interesting ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...