Friday 8 January 2016

[[ January 9th and trip number 6 to Thailand and beyond ...

Well, after a 12 1/2 flight Vancouver to Hong Kong and a further 2 1/2 flight onward to Bangkok I have arrived on this my sixth journey to AmazingThailand !! 

Not sure if it was portentous but my tiny Buddha pendant I have worn around my neck since my last trip came apart and fell off on the day I arrived this year. What's more amazing it managed to lodge itself securely in my belly button ?!?! It wasn't expensive and I still remember the seller shrilling at me "...not gold inside, not gold inside". 
Before we begin...a few aquarium shots from the airport at Vancouver 


BANGKOK ...

Sri Mahamariamman Temple. This Hindu temple, built in 1827 is a riot of different colours with many carved images of various gods and goddesses in different shapes and sizes. No photography allowed so these images surreptitiously taken from outside.



Ornate gate ...
Near the hotel ...
Painter above and "marriage to aliens" below
Blooming trees ...
Ornate carving on old doors...
Is that you... Frank? 
Old crackled carving ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...