Thursday 20 March 2014

A day at the beach...

Well, this is my last full day in Pattaya and my last few hours at the beach. I thought, boring as it is maybe, I would give an account of what it is like.

After a leisurely breakfast, coffee and chat I usually take the baht bus in late morning to Jomtien Beach. I usually sit in one of 3 sections depending on the mood and where my friends I have met are sitting. Most mornings I am usually met by the concession owner or one of her beach lads with a smile, hello and sa-bai-dee-mai   สบายดีไหม (how are you?).  On the way to the concession I usually stop by the fruit seller and buy pomelo or mango or pineapple or a mixture. Fruit is fresh and 20 baht and he throws in a few small bananas. For lunch I quite often have a small fresh-made banana loaf (20 baht). To wash it all down, some water to which I add a packet of electrolytes. The chair cost is 30 baht. So for C$4.25 I have a relaxing time taking in the ocean breezes and enjoying life...lunch included. A one hour massage is C$10.65 as is a manicure and pedicure. Just about everything is sold by vendors who walk back and forth between the rows of chairs. 


A few views of the beach and surrounding buildings.


And the required flower shot ...




No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...