Saturday 22 March 2014

Bangkok - A night on the town

On my friends suggestion, we went to Chinatown to eat. About 5 or 6 solid blocks of sidewalk restaurants appear at night in front of the gold shops and other vendors who open during the day. We ate a roast duck and rice entree on the street sitting on small plastic schools. Quite good and C$6.75 for the two of us including a sweet Chinese beverage with ice in a tin cup. I forgot my camera so these pictures my friend took with his iPhone.
Some of the assorted vendors....

A massage stick vendor. A boxing glove on a stick you hit yourself with. Really?

Plums

Durian...

Bird's nest soup...

No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...