Friday 14 March 2014

The Fishing Fleet

I had the opportunity today to get a ride to my favourite small fishing town, Bangsaray yet again. This time I had an opportunity to observe the offloading of the catch. From the hold come thousands of small fish, a few larger fish, squid and one tuna fish. Scooped into buckets, they are loaded onto a truck. Some of the fishermen are very young. As the photo shows, one lad is only about 10 years old. The four lads appear to be Burmese but most are Cambodian. Through a friend I learned that they are paid about 2000 baht per month (C$70) working every day.




Two ladies taking notes ?

The tuna ....

The discards ...

Bansaray views ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...