Sunday 23 March 2014

Chatuchak weekend market

I visited this 35 acre monstrosity in all it's glory on a Sunday. We walked for about 4 hours, ate lunch and bought a few things. What I really wanted to do was see the animal part fully open. What a sight! This time I was able to take more pictures. I must say it was somewhat depressing. The cats and dogs were generally in air conditioned shops but many of the birds were kept in very crampt cages. Some of the birds were just hatched and very young. The fish were sold in big plastic bags by the hundreds. I saw many unusual pets such as squirrels. The sign I saw was still there .... Do not touch ... You can read the rest. I had a finger waved at me a few times to not take pictures.



The infamous sign above and the glass containers containing various reptiles...



The tanks below contain the world famous Siamese Fighting Fish....
















No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...