Saturday 8 March 2014

My top Thai Food Dishes

I have narrowed down several foods I have tried in Thailand to my top 3 favourites. Before that I want to mentioned THE most popular dish in Thailand - Papayasalat or Som Tam. Consisting of green papaya, roasted peanuts or cashews, bean sprouts, red chili, fish sauce, tomatoes, limes, spring onions, coriander, basil, shrimp or crab (unless you are vegetarian) and tofu if you are. Also very nutritious, it is a favourite throughout the kingdom especially in the north. It can be very hot for most western tastes but you can always leave out the red chilies or reduce the amount you add. The dish is pounded together to "open" the flavours.

Number 3 .... Khao Pad Poo (fried rice with crab meat, egg, onions and spices)

Number Two ... Tom Khao Kai (coconut soup with chicken, lemon grass, ginger, chillies, limes and spices). It is traditionally eaten with rice.

And number one .... Pad Thai !! (Noodles, shrimp, ground peanuts, bean sprouts, green onion and a very special sauce which has many variations).9

And let's not forget the desert ... My personal favourite is mango sticky rice ...

And for those who want a taste of home ??

No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...