Saturday 8 March 2014

Wat Nong Yai

Wat Nong Yai is located near Bangkok Hospital and said to be wealthy. My friend convinced me to go to this temple and fulfill a promise I made to him. One of the biggest contributions you can make is to go to a temple, donate 200 baht (C$7) and receive a special ceremony. This ceremony, performed by four monks is designed to bring long life to the participant. 




My friend Noom sitting and praying in front of the coffins.....

The four monks chanting a special prayer

Then the extraordinary part ... My friend climbed into one of the coffins and the four monks placed a sheet over him and chanted some more. 

After it was over, I was asked to sit in one of the chairs and the two of us were blessed by water sprinkled on us. Quite extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...