Saturday 25 January 2014

A note on the political situation in Thailand

Thailand, as you may know is in the midst of a political upheaval. We have the pro government (red shirts) and the yellow shirts (pro change who want the Prime Minister out). Does it affect me? Yes and I prudently don't want to take sides. Already tourism is affected. Flights have been cancelled. Bangkok is quiet without tourists. Where I am now in Pattaya I can see little difference. I hope it stays that way. Bangkok is unavoidable as I must go there for my flight to Vietnam on February 26th and again towards the end of March. I include a photo of various yellow shirt items ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...