Monday 20 January 2014

The story behind the face ...

On this trip I have met a few Thais and had the opportunity to photograph many of them. Thais generally do not want their photo taken, I have been told but I gave experienced little of this. When travelling, I always watch people. Too many interesting stories I am sure, but you only can only imagine what they are by their faces. 

This elderly Karen woman smoking a pipe I am sure has an interesting story ...



This man selling handmade Christmas ornaments of incredible detail told me he spends 3 hours on each and 3 days on the larger size. He sells the small ones for $3 and the larger for $10. On top of this he must assemble and dismantle his display daily. On Sundays he moves the whole thing to walking street. He told me as well, he enjoys his life and considers himself blessed.



The third is the guys selling ice cream treats in a way they devised themselves. They take a coconut shell, include ice cream, coconut slices, peanuts and slivers of candied mango. Even though it takes only a couple of minutes to prepare, they spend hours working on the preparation each day.  Yes, I tried one. $3 each and delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...