Friday 17 January 2014

Chiang Mai

I asked my friend Noom this morning over breakfast where we should go today. Of course we ended up going to yet another temple. I have seen this one before as well but I think this one is among the best in the city. Wat Chedi Luang commenced it's long life in the 14th century and completed in the mid 15th century. It once housed the famed Emerald Buddha. It was moved in 1551 to Luang Prabang in Laos. Also of note in the grounds are 3 Dipterocarp trees. A tropical hardwood planted in 1800 AD. It can grow to over 200 feet. There is a 6-8 day festival in May each year just for the trees.

Scenes from Wat Chedi Luang













No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...