Tuesday 7 January 2014

ARRIVED !

Arrived ... Safe and Sound !!

Well ... After a 10 hr 15 minute flight to Seoul, Korea and a further 5 hour and 50 minute flight to Bangkok I arrived. A someone eerie calm over Bangkok greeted me. Maybe all is calm waiting for the opposition shutdown on January 13th. I hope to be away from it all in Chiangrai.

The taxi driver was sullen the whole way to the Mandarin hotel. The hotel is old but just recently renovated in October 2013. I am impressed with almost everything. Forty five inch big screen Samsung in the room, power blinds, fridge, microwave, kettle, king size bed, air conditioned and a modern shower and fantastic TOILET!

Yes, my first post in Thailand will be about a toilet .... My mother would be so proud!
Well this is it .... American Standard's latest ... With many functions.


The control
 ... As you can see it has many features...some you might not even want to try like the enema!!!!!

All this AND a heated seat!

.....................

Well today I need to go to the electronic mall and see if I can get a connector so I can upload pics from my camera. I will take this iPad to take a few pictures of Bangkok. Tomorrow, it is off to Chiangrai in the north. More to follow ...

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you arrived safely. I am going to enjoy reading your unique perspective such as the toilet. Only a Machan would take note!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ... I agree - it's a Machan thing. I even commented on the toilet in my hotel review.

    ReplyDelete

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...