Sunday 19 January 2014

Today ... City centre and Chiang Mai's oldest temple Wat Chiang Man

On this the second last full day in Chiang Mai ... The second trip - I went to the city centre and to the oldest of Chiang Mai's over 300 temples. Wat Chiang Man was built around 1292 AD. There is the original and a new addition. Both very beautiful and distinctive in their own way. I have included the obligatory temple dog pics as well as flowers. In case you cannot tell, I love to take flower pics. They do not move and make for easy subjects to photograph. As well my friend Noom wanted to do a release of doves. I am not sure of the credibility of the practice but many Buddhist believe it will bring them luck or it is good for the soul to release captive animals. I show a sequence of how it transpired. The cost ... $5.00

The city centre pictures will follow in a separate post. 











As well... There was a smaller temple close by. Sorry do not know the name.









No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...