Saturday 18 January 2014

Chiang Mai at night

Today I booked a night tour. The tour is a night cruise on the Mae Phong river which runs through Chaing Mai on board a small but comfortable boat. The whole thing was about 2 hours and included a good meal of Thai food which included one of my favourites a soup made out of lemon grass, ginger, shrimp, tomatoes and spices. My friend just called it "soup". You need to take out the bits of lemon grass, ginger and shrimp tails but delicious อร่อยมาก. "aloy mack maw" is the rough pronounciation. 

A leasurely ride down the river with good food and drink .....



A blurry picture but it gives you the idea ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...