Sunday 19 January 2014

City Centre and Walking Street at night

As mentioned before, in the daytime I wandered around the centre of town. The original city was built in 1296 AD and surrounded by a wall and moat. It was the original capital city of the Kingdom of Lanna. I have included a few pics of the existing wall and moat. In the evening we went to walking street. A euphemism for a huge market held every Sunday. Literally thousands of people crowded into about 6 square blocks of stalls selling everything imaginable. I include a few pics of this area and one of my favourite Thai deserts, mango and sticky rice.





Walking Street .... At night.







No comments:

Post a Comment

*** 🇨🇦 *** Spring in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario Canada in May 2024

An exciting trip. My second visit and this time during spring bird migration. One of the best places to see birds and I had the pleasure of ...